- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Processing – any action or set of actions performed on a personal data or a set of personal data.
- Data subject – a natural person whose personal data is processed.
- Child – a natural person under the age of 16.
- DPO – Data Protection Officer
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Data processing is legal, fair and transparent. Processing activities have a legitimate basis. We will provide you with information regarding on-demand processing.
- Processing is limited by its purpose. The activities of our data processing are consistent with the purpose for which the personal information is collected.
- We collect and process the minimum amount of personal information you need for any purpose.
- We will not keep your personal information longer than necessary.
- We will do our utmost to ensure the accuracy, security and integrity of the data..
Data subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – the user has the right to know whether their private data is being processed, what data has been collected, where it is obtained from, and why and by whom it is being processed.
- Right to data access – implies that the user has the right to access data collected about and from them. This includes the right to request and obtain a copy of the user’s personal information collected. The user can request access to copies of their data in machine-readable format via email.
- Right to correct data – implies that the user has the right to correct personal information that is incorrect or incomplete. The user can request the correction of personal information by contacting DPO via email.
- Right to remove data – implies that in certain circumstances the user may request the deletion of personal data from our records. The user can do this via email.
- Right to restrict data processing – implies that if certain conditions are met, the user has the right to restrict the processing of personal data. In this case, you can contact our DPO via email.
- Right to object to data processing – implies that in certain cases the user is entitled to object to the processing of personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing. In this case, you can contact our DPO via email.
- Right to file a complaint – in the event that we deny the user’s request, guaranteed by the right of access, we will provide the user with a reason why this happened. If the user is not satisfied with how his request applies, he can contact DPO via email.
- Right to withdraw consent – the user has the right to withdraw any consent to the processing of personal data.
Information provided to us by the user
This can be an email address, name, phone number, shipping address, or information that is necessary to deliver a product / service to the user or to enhance the customer experience. We keep the information for the purpose of allowing users to comment or perform other activities on the site. This information implies the user’s name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about the user
Information that is automatically saved via cookies or other tools. This includes, for example, information about a user’s shopping cart, his IP address, purchase history … This information is used to improve the user experience. When and if a user uses or views the content of our site, these activities must be reported.
Information from our partners
We collect information from verified partners with confirmation that they have a legal basis to share this information. This is either information you provided directly to them, or they have collected it on other legal bases.
Publicly available information
We may collect information about you that is publicly available.
When visitors write a comment on a webpage, we collect the information displayed in the comment form, the IP address of the visitor, as well as the browser user agent string to help us detect spam.
When a user contacts us through the contact form on the website, we use that information solely to enable users to respond to their queries in a quality manner. The contact form information is stored for one year after it is received and is then permanently deleted.
Embedded content from other web sites
Articles on this site may contain embedded content (eg videos, pictures, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other webpages behaves the same as if a visitor had visited that other webpage.
We use the user’s personal information to:
- provide a service. This includes receiving orders from our webshop, communicating about orders, notifications of changes in the way we do business.
- improve the user experience
- fulfill obligations under law or contract
We use your personal information for legitimate reasons and / or with your consent.
On the basis of contracting or fulfillment of contractual obligations, we process user data for the purposes of:
- identifying the user
- providing the customer with a service or to send / offer products to them
- communication with the customer for sales, complaints or billing
Based on a legitimate interest, we process user personal information for the purposes of:
- sending offers specifically designed for the user * (ours and / or from our carefully selected partners)
- administrating and analysing our customer base with the aim of improving the quality of our products and services, and the availability and breadth of our range of products we offer
- conducting customer satisfaction surveys
As long as the customer does not inform us otherwise, we strive to offer them products and services similar to those of the previous search and purchase in accordance with our legitimate interest.
With the user’s consent, we process personal information for the following purposes:
- to send newsletter and offers (ours and / or from our carefully selected partners)
- for all other purposes for which we have requested the user’s consent.
We may process user personal information for additional purposes, but if they are consistent with the original purpose for which the information was collected. To do this, we ensure that:
- the connection between the purpose, the context and the nature of the personal data is suitable for further processing
- further processing will in no way hurt your interests
- there would always be a certain protection to process.
We will always inform the user of further processing and its purpose.
If you write a comment, the comment and its metadata are saved forever. This is so that we can automatically identify and approve future comments, rather than pending approval.
For users who register with our site (if any), we also store personal information that they provide on their user profiles. All users can view, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Webmasters can also view and edit this information. We keep information about orders for as long as is legally required due to bookkeeping needs.
We do not share user information with strangers. In certain cases, personal information is provided to our partners whom we trust with the aim of providing the service properly or improving the customer experience. We share user information with
To our data processing partners:
- analytics tool suppliers (Google)
- our legal, tax, audit or accounting advisers
- social networking platforms for purposes of personalized and targeted communication
- newsletter platform partner (Mailchimp)
To our delivery partners:
- Rhea Ltd.
We only work with processing partners who are able to provide a sufficient level of protection for users’ personal information. We disclose user personal information to third parties or public servants when we are legally required to do so. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have given your consent or if there is another legal ground for doing so.
For communication and data transfer we use secure protocols (such as HTTPS) and SSL certificate and a reliable hosting provider (Siteground).
We strive to maintain complete data security, but we cannot fully guarantee it. In case of breach of data privacy conditions, we will notify the competent authorities and users and take all legally necessary steps.
If a user has an account on our site, it is important that he or she has a good password that will ensure the security of the information.
We do not collect information about children or target them with our services.
A cookie is a small text document stored on a user’s computer. Cookies store information that helps the site work. Only we have access to cookies from our site. You can control your cookies through your internet browser. Choosing to disable cookies may interfere with the use of certain functionality of our websites.
- Necessary / required cookies – these cookies are required by the user to be able to use important features on our site, such as logging in and putting products in the cart. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
- Functional cookies – these cookies provide functionality for the user to use the services more comfortably and allow personalization functions.
- Analytics cookies – we use these cookies to track the use and performance of our site and services.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that may be relevant to the user and in accordance with the user’s interests. Additionally, they are used to limit the number of times a user has seen an ad. Most often they are placed on the site by advertising networks with the permission of the website owner. These cookies remember that you have visited the site and this information is shared with other bodies, such as advertisers. Often, targeting and advertising cookies are related to the functionality of the site, provided by other bodies.
Cookies stored on the user’s computer can be removed through an Internet browser. The user may also control cookies through some privacy enhancement platforms, such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information on cookies, see allaboutcookies.org.
Modulos Furniture Systems Ltd.
Avenija Dubrovnik 15/12
For more contact information, see the contact page.
Last modified: 08.03.2020.